March 10, 2015

Suz-- March Makings

I put Wedding Piece #2 aside for the week.
At StitchMAP, a call came in for bookmarks for the Literacy Program at one of the elementary schools in Anchorage, Alaska. You can read more about that here and perhaps join in, too.
I'd been stitching on a gelli plate painted fabric, but had no idea what I was going to make with it, so the timing of the call was just perfect.
After the embroidery was completed, I pinned the side seams.

 Because of the pattern on the fabric, I decided to create the seam down the middle of the back.
It's all blanket stitched with the same variegated threads I used to create the tassels and embroider the fabric....
well, it's sort of a tassel.....maybe more like a tatted fringe.
here's how the front looks. Hmmm, ironing it means the seam shows...... tsk


I've been creating a pincushion for the Guild Fiber Fest. 


It needs a bit of trim to sit atop the fringe.....

yes, that's better.......

topped with a bead and a tatted fancy picot flower



I've got another container the same size..........








I've made a beginning on Tanja Berlin's Blackwork Butterfly.......

Boy the stitching is tiny...........I need to unpack my magnifier, I think.......



That's it for this week.

Hope your week has been a fun and creative one.

Hugs from Suz


 

3 comments:

cq4fun said...

Love the butterfly beginning! Your pincushion is adorable. Love the trim you chose.

ladyhawthorne said...

The bookmark is gorgeous and so is the pin cushion. I look forward to seeing more of the blackwork!

Cyra said...

I love all your projects this week Suz. You certainly have a lot of creative stuff going on.
Someone is going to love getting that bookmark.