March 3, 2015

Susan: February Bare Block

I finished this on Thursday and thought surely I would have some seams done on Friday and Saturday, but other things happened instead, so here it is, naked as a jay bird.

This is the second book in the original series, The Marvelous Land of Oz. However, it is not the original cover. I didn't find that until after I'd already made the block. It never came up last year when I was collecting the covers. However, I like this one very much, so I'm okay with that.

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Pretty! I like how you have the blue on one corner and beige on the other.

Suztats said...

Love the blue and white corners. How perfect are those colours of the book and fabric! Very nice.

Cyra said...

That is a rather nice image. Love the block colours.

Barbara C said...

Great block colors and design: they set off the book cover really well, and I like the dynamic angles.

cq4fun said...

Most of these covers are 3-color printing, and I'm taking the fabric colors from the two main cover colors. Threads are anything that's in the cover, but that's usually only one more color. It's sort of my challenge to work with a limited palette and see if I go crazy or not.

Moira said...

Love the block colors! And great way to pick the colors used in the block.