March 24, 2015

Moira - Spring Break

Not a lot done last week because of everything going on around here - getting ready for spring break (which I'm on now!), doc appt's, getting things in place for surgery on 4/23 (still more to do on this), driver's ed training activities......and work.   One of these days the not-so-fun merry-go-round will slow down for me.  

In the meantime, I did get the top panel for the pumpkin quilt fused and ready to do the buttonhole stitching on.   Don't know if I'll get to actually work on that till the quilt retreat I'm going the middle of April, but at least it's ready for me now.

In the meantime, I finally have all the materials needed for the felted wool slippers that I need to get made and have started cutting the wool.   Will be using dk grey fleece to line the red wool.   Should be an interesting experience as I experiment with making them because of the heaviness of the wool sweater after being felted.  More on that later after I finish them.  =)


9 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Geez, even on your breaks you stay busier than most people, don't know how you do it. I'm very interested in the felted slippers as I want to make my Mom some!

Suztats said...

The felted slippers sound like a neat experiment. Bet they'll be warm and comfy.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Love the pumpkin; interested in the progress of the slippers too. I always wondered how you calculate how big to make themso they will shrink to the correct size!

Moira said...

In this case, the sweater used to make the slipper sections was felted before being cut up! so additional shrinkage should not be occuring. Because of the heaviness of the sweater I'm winging it on putting the slippers together. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.....

desertskyquilts said...

The good thing is you are reclaiming something for those slippers. If it doesn't work, you try again with something similar. I hope you are enjoying SOME time between things you have to do.

Judy S. said...

Can't wait to see the slippers! And I love the pumpkin panel; it's beautiful.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Well that would make sense! ;-) I should read more carefully, LOL.

Moira said...

I could have been clearer in what i said. =) Pieces are now cut out and assembling has commenced.......

Cyra said...

Looking forward to the quilt retreat news. A lot of planning etc to be done in your home.
A nice start on the pumpkin quilt. I'm sure you are perfectly willing to Count Your Blessings too.