March 17, 2015

Moira - Finally posting

Overslept this morning so I didn't end up getting my post written this morning.   Worked on a couple of projects this week and made progress on both.   First one was finishing the latest step on the mystery quilt that I'm hosting on my blog.   One more step and the border to go on it and it will be done.   Am starting to ponder what I want to design next to share.

The other big project that I worked on is the top panel for my pumpkin quilt.  I've got everything that needs to be appliqued cut out and pinned in place.   Just need to fuse it down.   Am going to replace the small pumpkin on the right with different fabrics tho before I do the fusing.

Next project up tho is a pair of felted wool slippers now that the pattern for them has arrived.  And after that I'll start packing for a quilt retreat that I'm going on the middle of April.  =)   I've several projects in mind, one of which I actually need to sit down and figure out the cutting instructions for since I may need to write them up.   It is a quilt that I plan on submitting to see if I can get it published........

4 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Great start to your pumpkin quilt. Wonderful bright colors in the other one. Enjoy your retreat, it sounds like a lot of fun!

Judy S. said...

Love both quilts and am intrigued by the felted slippers. Hope you will share them. Sounds like you got a lot done despite sleeping in. Way to go!

Moira said...

Actually the pumpkins are the final part of the pumpkin quilt. Will post more of that next week. =)

Suztats said...

Two very nice projects in the works. I'm looking forward to learning more about the felt slippers.