March 3, 2015

Moira - Checking in

Not a lot to show this week as a result of focusing more on getting the paperwork for taxes under control.

Did start a new quilt as a result of finding some red/white/blue HST's in my orphan box.    Have all the parts made for the blocks in the quilt and am now in the process of putting them together.

I've finished the remaining 10 blocks this morning thanks to having a day off of school thanks to freezing rain, sleet and generally speaking a wintery mess outside.     Blocks finish out at 18" square so this quilt top will go fast.   It will need a border to stop all the white in the background, but I'll decide on what that will be when I have the blocks together.

Will put the blocks together next and then go shopping in the stash to see what I find that will work for a border.  Layout below is what I plan on using for it.....and yes, I reversed the direction of the large star points.   That's what happens when I do it from memory instead of looking at the pic I drew up.    Oh well, not a big deal.

Quilt top will be donated to American Heros when finished.

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Great start to a fabulous quilt!

Moira said...

Thanks to a snow day from school, I've now got the top together. =) Thinking about borders next.....

Suztats said...

Lively look to this quilt, Moira. Looking forward to seeing the borders.

Cyra said...

Great work Moira. Another quilt to be loved by a special person.

Barbara C said...

Lovely blocks. I like the idea of including a block that "spins" in the opposite direction.

cq4fun said...

You were a busy bee today!