March 10, 2015

Fitzy - Project completed!

Here are a few of the photos of my completed pin cushion for my pin cushion swap on facebook.
It starts with a 9" embellished circle "block" and is gathered around a CD (with an AMAZING amount of poly stuffing inside. Another CD was covered with a rich wool and sewn together. Some of the stitching had to be redone just at the bottom...I couldn't anticipate how much gathering would be done. I finished the last 3/4" inch with a spiderweb after it was all assembled. It will get mailed out in the next day or so, just as soon as the swap partner info is received. I've arranged 2 other single person swaps for pin cushions so I can start a little collection!

My second round-robin of 6.5" blocks will start soon, so neked blocks will be created this week.

Have a fabulous week!!

6 comments:

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Gorgeous!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Sorry all, no matter what I did, I could NOT get this post to "schedule". I set it for the proper time & date, but ... lol

ladyhawthorne said...

It's gorgeous!

Suztats said...

That's a lovely pin cushion! Somebody's gonna be happy.....

cq4fun said...

Oh, I love it! That is probably the prettiest pincushion I've ever seen.

Cyra said...

What a beautiful pin cushion. I like how you put it together, and thanks for showing the bottom of it.