March 10, 2015

Deborah: Completed Tote Bag

Here's a shot of the tote bag I promised my daughter and finally finished this week:


Debra embroidered the pocket.

As a bonus, here are a couple of ladies I embroidered for my daughters - still don't know what I'm going to do with them - pillows I think. These are part of the "hair style" series from Sublime Stitching, a site I love for unusual and quirky machine and hand embroidery patterns. 

(sorry about that wayward string)


So that's it for my week. I'm on annual leave this week, and I'm enjoying it very much. So wonderful to have time to myself. My daughter closed on her house this evening, and I will be spending sometime helping her move. The down side from my perspective is that I will miss seeing her everyday, although she works just a couple of blocks from me and we *could* have lunch now and then. But the up side is that I get to have her room as a sewing room ALL TO MYSELF! NO SHARING WITH THE HUSBAND! I've been sorting fabric today, trying to get it organized for the move.

Tomorrow is my birthday -  the big one (65) - and I'm having lunch with my daughter and my high school English teacher. I'm looking forward to that. We're meeting at a place near Emory University and Allison and I plan to swing by Gail K's, a pretty neat fabric store.

Have a great week!


7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I should have had that bag years ago for school! Love the hairstyle ladies, so very cute.

Moira said...

The hairstyle ladies are great. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Suztats said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!
hope you have a wonderful celebration. Love the tote bag, and gee, I think I went to school with those ladies..... lol!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I think of Connie Frances -- remember her -- when I look at that beehive lady

cq4fun said...

Happy birthday! We called that second one a flip when I was in high school. =) Those embroideries are so cute.

Cyra said...

Happy Birthday, and thanks for the lovely show and tell post. Hope your celebrations are fun.

Debra Dixon said...

The totebag came out swell! Love the hairstyle ladies too!