March 10, 2015

Angela ~ Spring Update & Penny Charms

While it has still been cold and rainy (and we are very thankful for the rain) I've been working on the cross stitch of the 4 seasons, specifically Spring.
Sorry for the ripples,  I tend to keep it in the hoop until I'm done with a section.

I was supposed to be at a trade days event last weekend but the weather was so nasty they postponed it, so it will be this coming weekend.  I'll be taking my Saintly Images jewelry but I wanted to make something I thought might sell really well.
So I made these School Spirit penny charm necklaces.  The event is in Ranger : Bulldogs, the next town over is Eastland : Mavericks and the green ones are Breckenridge : Buckaroos which is the town I live in.  Not knowing if they will sell or not, I only made 7 of each.  
Thankfully this event is free to do for the first 3 months, if it works out I will keep doing it.
They are penny charms, I drill a small hole in the penny and decoupage the printed image in place, attach a jump ring and cord necklace.  

5 comments:

Moira said...

Love how the cross-stitch is turning out. =)

Suztats said...

Spring is coming along very well. Neat penny charms.

cq4fun said...

The necklaces are great! I love your xs. I can't believe how fast you do that. In the same amount of time, I'd have maybe an inch done. LOL

Cyra said...

Three quarters done on Spring, wow, fast worker. Do you usually work in 'areas' (as in a quarter-square of the whole of this piece). I usually tend to work just one colour at a time all over the whole piece. It's a new idea to me, and probably your way is a lot better in the long-run as you don't have to keep moving the hoop to work an area.

ladyhawthorne said...

Cy I make enough mistakes working in sections, I'd hate to see what would happen if I tried to finish all of one color at a time. Especially counting linen threads.