February 3, 2015

Suz--February Fury

The snow has been swirling in the furious winds, so I was hiding indoors and stitching.
The last installment of the StitchMAP Hex Labs was completed with this stitching of some Winter Mittens, designed by Tom Russell.












A Fun Friday Tutorial for a small weaving was the challenge for this month. My weaving didn't turn out quite square. Actually it tapered and reminded me of a handbag, so I created two large bullion knots for the handles, and decorated the front with a tatted flower and a wee faux pearl bead. I could string it on a chain or wear it as a lapel pin, but I think I've decided to use it as my scissor fob.













The Wedding Piece is progressing.
The right side is waiting for me to finish and add the stumpwork leaves, along with more grape clusters.

Then, I'll extend down the side until the bottom section begins. Still lots more to add to this piece, but the finish is in sight, I think.

Hope you've had a creative and rewarding week.

Hugs from Suz






 

5 comments:

Cyra said...

Three great projects Suz. Lovely progress on the Wedding piece, I like where you are going with this.

ladyhawthorne said...

The mittens are so cute, lovely job on all your projects.

cq4fun said...

I especially love your new scissors fob! You meant to do that all along, right? ;) I wouldn't have known the difference if you hadn't said anything, and I love it!

Moira said...

The hex labs piece is so cute! Love the little woven piece as well.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Be still my heart, the wedding piece is just amazing. Thank you for sharing.