February 24, 2015

Suz--- Bowls, Beads, & 'Broidery

I added some beads to the green bowl. They're on the end of drizzle dangles. The same variegated thread I used to stitch the bowl, was used for the drizzles.
Since the bowls are for the Embroidery Guild's library display, I thought they should be decorated with some embroidery. The red one wears buttonhole lace and beads.
I think the blue one will have some beads and bullions.
I've been experimenting with painting fabric, and I've chosen a few of my favourites to show. There's lots more experimenting planned for the near future. The base fabric is a white cotton.




from layered brights



to soft and subtle



to big and bold



Fabric painting is fun!








The Wedding Piece has had a little attention, too, this past week.

a few beads


more woven picot leaves



a few seed beads and small details

and curly branches added to the base has it looking like this.

I'd better get cracking on lots of  leaves! Oh, and grape clusters.....oh, yes, and..............well, you'll just have to wait and see!
I'm so excited that this piece is now 3/4 done!

I hope you've had a fun and creative week.


Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

You have certainly been busy! Those bowls are too much fun and very inspiring.
The wedding piece is probably the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time.

Judy S. said...

How'd you do those drizzles? Your bowls are very fun. And you already know how much I love that wedding piece!

Cyra said...

It is so lovely to see your wedding piece progress. I love all the texture on it. You are an amazingly creative person.
Lovely to see your painting playtime too.

Moira said...

The fabric painting looks great. What are you going to do with the pieces?

Suztats said...

thanks Ladies!
Judy--The drizzles are done with the drizzle stitch (dimensional embroidery). Do you know it? If not Mary at Needlenthread has a good video showing how to do it. It's a fun stitch.
Moira-- Here's what pops to mind: I may use some of the fabrics, add embroidery to them, and then turn them into a fabric book. Well, that's one of the ideas floating around in my brain..... ;-)......of course, they'd be fantastic for crazy quilting, too, fabric bowls, bags and cloth dolls, pincushions, fabric hearts......... ;-)