February 24, 2015

Running late today.....

Been an interesting week+ now.....lots going on with school and the two jobs.   But what really through a unexpected hiccup into everything was me ending up in the hospital for almost 2 days thanks to a flair up of my clotting disorder.   I will say though that now that I'm out I'm feeling better than I have in the past 6 plus months.   So i'm a happy camper just not looking forward to the bills coming in.

I did manage to get a three tops finished or almost finished this past week.   The London top is now waiting for a border.  Need it to tell me what it wants on that.

The other two tops started with orphan blocks and will be donated to Sunshine Quilts.   Quilts through Sunshine get donated to kids around the world.

The center block of the blue quilt was one that had been given to me and was a funky size, and a funky blue for that matter.   Turning it on point was the only thing that I could think to in order to use it because matching the blue was a pain.

The border and focus fabric in the alternate blocks of the last quilt were leftovers from some of the many scrubs that I've made the last several year.

Two projects coming up next - a quilt top for American Hero quilts.   And I need to get to work drafting a pattern for a pair of felted wool slippers that I need to get made for a late Christmas present.  I know what I want to do, but now to actually put my mind to it and make the pattern.   Will make one for me first and then the real pattern for my friends husband.

5 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Glad you are on the mend. It sure didn't slow you down! Fantastic progress.

Judy S. said...

You sure accomplished a lot what with all the other stuff going on in your life. So glad you're feeling better. Nice quilts!

ladyhawthorne said...

I'm so glad you are doing better, sometimes we have to be made to take care of ourself.

Great pieces all, love the colorfulness of the bottom quilt top.

Cyra said...

It seems your body is thankful for its forced rest in hospital and perhaps you got the tlc that you needed. So glad to hear you are now feeling better.

The London quilt is looking good. To my mind it needs a thinish red border before a neutral/white wider border, or perhaps more flying geese in red white and blue.

Suztats said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Hope everything is straightened around now. You sure got a lot accomplished in spite of being in hospital.
I like Cyra's idea of the red.