February 17, 2015

Moira - Progress over the weekend

This past weekend was UFO weekend on for of the groups that i'm a part of and I made a lot of progress on my London Tea towel Quilt.  

First up, I made two more fill-in blocks.   Used some of the fabric from my trip to London.  And the flying geese used some London fabric that I was given by a reader of my blog.  

Next up was sewing together all of the blocks that I had made.   I filled in as I went with strips of fabric as needed to even out the sizes.  All but the very top row of the quilt top is now sewn together.  

I'm still debating on what to fill in the open area of the top row.  At this point, I'm debating between two possibilities - more flying geese of some sort and basically a deconstructed version of the London Roads block.  

I think I'm leaning more towards the second one, but haven't made up my mind yet.   The next picture down shows what I'm thinking about for this option.   Also yet to decide is if I'm going to put a border onto the quilt.






















The final pic here shows the three swap blocks that I also finished over the weekend.   I'll be swapping the pair on the right and keeping the two pairs of blocks on the left.   Beads will be sewn onto the top of the pins after I have the quilt finished up.



7 comments:

Judy S. said...

You had a most productive weekend! My tea towel quilt is only in the fabric selection stage. I love what you've done with yours. Would a border with the colors of the flag work?

cq4fun said...

I would like that design on the tea towel quilt - much better than the squares. Still like the flying geese, too.

Cyra said...

Lots of great work done here Moira. London quilt is really looking fabulous, and I like the idea of the London Roads block filler best as it is totally in-keeping with this project in name and style.

ladyhawthorne said...

In looking at the picture of the whole London quilt, you have diagonal strips from top right to bottom left. I would suggest moving the 2 blocks sitting on the top left over to the right and putting another pieced block with darker colors on the top left corner to balance it out. It will be fabulous any way you decide to go!

Moira said...

Thanks for the idea on moving the two blocks over at the top! That was what I needed to be happier with it. =)

Moira said...

Oooh, what does your tea towel look like Judy?

Suztats said...

You've certainly been very busy this past weekend! Everything looks great, but i really like those swap blocks.