February 17, 2015
Moira - Progress over the weekend
First up, I made two more fill-in blocks. Used some of the fabric from my trip to London. And the flying geese used some London fabric that I was given by a reader of my blog.
I'm still debating on what to fill in the open area of the top row. At this point, I'm debating between two possibilities - more flying geese of some sort and basically a deconstructed version of the London Roads block.
I think I'm leaning more towards the second one, but haven't made up my mind yet. The next picture down shows what I'm thinking about for this option. Also yet to decide is if I'm going to put a border onto the quilt.
The final pic here shows the three swap blocks that I also finished over the weekend. I'll be swapping the pair on the right and keeping the two pairs of blocks on the left. Beads will be sewn onto the top of the pins after I have the quilt finished up.