February 17, 2015

Judy~Home Again with Some Finishes

While we were traveling, I had plenty of time to knit in the car and on the plane.  Whenever I could really concentrate, socks were on the needles and then when less concentration was needed, out came the dishcloths.  After I finished the dishcloth I'd started at home, we had to make an emergency trip to Michael's for more cotton yarn.  Here they are:






  

These four are Mere's pattern, the Almost Lost Washcloth.


And these two are one of Dee's favorite patterns called Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth. I have both patterns memorized and could maybe even do them in my sleep!  I'll bet Dee and Mere can, too. (Both patterns are on Ravelry.)



 All but these two are living in new homes. Dishcloths make perfect hostess gifts, especially paired with homemade soap from Cranberry Morning!


The above one is made from leftover yarn (can you tell which one?) and is made using the mistake rib pattern over 31 stitches. It was finished after we got home.


Ta Da! Here are the SKYP socks, finally finished. We won't mention when they were started. I love the skyp stitch and this yarn, but sadly I believe this yarn has been discontinued.

So there you have it, ten days worth of knitting! Now I need to do some stitching, right? PS Florida was great!












7 comments:

Suztats said...

Glad you had a good time in Florida! I really like Mere's dishcloth pattern. It looks like a pinwheel, and I really like how the variegated colours show in the design. Busy needles. Nice socks, too.

ladyhawthorne said...

Lovely knitting all the way around! Glad you had a nice get-a-way!

ladyhawthorne said...

I went over to find the pattern for the star dishcloth and found instead she is the sister of Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage! I've read her blog for several years now.
I couldn't find the pattern though and she doesn't have a search bar, could you provide a link to the post?

Cyra said...

Your needles are smoking girl.
You always manage to find the most gorgeous yarns.

Judy S. said...

Angela, I couldn't find your email or I would have attached the file, but you can find the pattern on Ravelry:http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-almost-lost-washcloth
Or email me at jatshawataol.com

Moira said...

Great work!

cq4fun said...

You make such colorful beauty for the kitchen!