February 24, 2015

Judy~ A Couple of Finishes

A couple of projects were finished this week, and both were fun in different ways.  When I saw the pattern for Music Mitt, I knew just the person who needed them.  We have a very talented person in our choir who is an accomplished pianist and composer, and she is always complaining about cold hands.  Here is my solution:


She loved them and told me she can even play the piano with them on . That was good news!

This yarn is called Jester and was really fun to work with as it always kept you guessing as about when the next pom pom would show up. The pattern is called Mistake Rib and looks the same on both sides which is a great stitch pattern for a scarf.  I chose to keep the pom poms on one side for ease in wearing.  I needed two skeins, and it appears as if the color sequence on the pom poms is slightly different.  It would have been interesting to have had a third skein to see.  Hope you all have had a productive week! I will not have computer access for a bit, so happy stitching everyone!

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Very cute mitts and scarf!

QuiltingFitzy said...

The tip-less mittens are fantastic! Were the pom-poms difficult to maneuver around? It's very cute.

Judy S. said...

No, the pom poms were easy to work with. Some of them are a bit looser than I would like though.

Cyra said...

Fantastic mitts. I love anything music related too.
Pom pom scarf - lol - fun project.

Moira said...

Cute projects. =)

Suztats said...

the gloves are perfect for a piano player. I like the quirkiness of the pom-pom yarn--such a fun scarf--it'll make smiles.