February 24, 2015

Fitzy - has been shopping!

A rather badly taken photo, but unless I arranged my goodies on the floor, it couldn't have been much better. (Then there's getting back up OFF the floor...enough said!) I purchased some special oya beaded trim, charms, sequins and beads from Rengin in Turkey; went to a (small) bead show; and purchased some #12 perle from an online friend. The results of my shopping all arrived within two days of each other. Perhaps I should spread it out a bit?
I am in an online swap of pin cushions, AND I NEED YOUR HELP! I have added a small trim around the edge of the beige box, and the trim has small equidistant eyelet-type rings (both on the inside and the outside of the trim). I'm stuck! The cushion is based on a CD, and begins with a 9" circle. The part that is "outside the box" will have quite a curve, but I cannot imagine what comes next! I tried #15 beads...too small. #11's were better, but my color choices weren't that great. Hoping you have a good thought or two!

I'm still in the lather, rinse, repeat cycle, and life is crazy busy. I apologize for missing my posting - I have the darndest time fitting it all in!

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Nice haul! I like the little silverware.

I like the pearls and trim you used but I guess I don't have a good mental picture of what it will look like when completed.

QuiltingFitzy said...

The gold is about 600+ button hole stitches! I'll post a completed version for next week.

Judy S. said...

That sure is a lot of buttonhole stitches! I'll bet you can now do that one in your sleep? Nice work!

Cyra said...

A very nice stash enhancement exercise. Those four spoons would look great in my collection, and I love the colours of your crochet cotton (perle).

I am usually quite good at visualizing anything someone describes to me, but on this occasion you have me stumped, sorry. But I must say I love the buttonhole trim.

Moira said...

Great stash enhancement there! Looking forward to seeing the finished pincushion.

Suztats said...

Drooling over your retail therapy! Love the goodies, especially the thread.
I can't visualize the pincushion, but what about larger flat beads, sequins, or some dimensional embroidery. Silk ribbon embroidery would look nice, too.