February 3, 2015

Fitzy - February already!

Time sure has a way of marching on! It's gone in the blink of an eye.

I am showing today my progress on my Vintage Tin pattern. When assembled, this piece will hang above my bed. I've nowhere to photograph it in better light, but it is what it is.

The muslin I chose is a very yellow mottled shade, I just love it. It is SO soft to work with, and is a nice rest for my hands. Not too far to go on this, the largest of the pieces.

I've also signed up for the 2nd round of the CQRR, but the hostess is waiting (and waiting) for all blocks to arrive at their makers. I'm excited to be joining again.

Meanwhile, I joined a one-off pincushion swap (scroll down a bit on the link) - a quick project. I plan to make 2, 1 for the swap, and one as a gift for a dear friend.

I'm managing to keep busy, how about you?

6 comments:

Suztats said...

That's going to look very nice hanging above your bed. The muslin has a wonderfully warm colour.

Cyra said...

Love your vintage tin pattern Fitzy. It will look fabulous above your bed when finished. Such an great vintagie looking backing fabric too, and the fact that it is soft to work with only makes it more appealing.

ladyhawthorne said...

I love the old fashioned look of the design, nicely done!

cq4fun said...

That's a great looking piece. The background is just perfect. I look forward to seeing your pincushions, so show them on here, too!

Moira said...

That will be a beautiful piece. I love how you used this background to make it even richer looking.

QuiltingFitzy said...

The pattern shows a stark black print, but I plan to kind of blur it all out. Our home is decorated "Western". VERY anxious to have a piece of my art on the wall.