February 3, 2015

Cy - Ah Well......

What can I tell you...... I messed up last week. 
Auckland Anniversary Day threw me out. I forgot what day it was, I forgot to stitch my cqjp Feb block, and I forgot to stitch anything else to show here.
My bad!

But I can show you what I got up to that wasn't stitching.

A peaceful stroll along the waterway at Warkworth.


Ducks, seagulls and other waterbirds enjoying a refreshing bathe.


That was last week.

This week we had another outing or two, and I found these lovely Yarn Bombings at Titirangi yesterday.




Sorry I have not anything of my own to show you this week. Hubby needed some relaxing time away from the 'rat-race' and it was great to get away from the farm for a while too. 
I'm hoping I will have something on the February CQJP block to show next week.
Until then, we shall still be taking time to stop and smell the roses.

Cyra




6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Looks like a lovely holiday. Aren't yarn bombings fun? I never see any here.

desertskyquilts said...

Yarn bombings? What a great idea! I love those. I know so little about Auckland, and these pictures make it seem a very lovely place indeed!

Suztats said...

Looks like a warm and sunny day (I could use some of those) by the water. The yarn bombing looks neat.

Moira said...

Love the yarn bombing pics! They just did that here in the little town where i teach and they are so fun to look at.

QuiltingFitzy said...

You keep good company, 01/19/15 was a Monday holiday. That's all I need to goof me up for many days!

We all need a re-set frequently, glad you listened.

Cyra said...

The trouble is Fitzy we now have another holiday this Friday for Waitangi Day. Two holidays in as many weeks. How will I cope? I'll let you know next week if I remember to post.