January 20, 2015

Suz-- Still on Wedding Piece #2

I spent the last week taking apart the bead clusters so I could create a flatter design for the grapes. They sat too high upon the fabric, and I thought they may interfere with the glass and frame. Then I began stitching more stumpwork leaves, tatted vines, and created curlicues.

There's another leaf to be added to the large grape cluster
and more leaves to be stitched
I added a few curlicues, and a few new vines. Some of the leaves and clusters have been attached, but more will be added.
Some progress has been made, but it doesn't look a lot different from last week.

Next week I hope to show this side completed and a beginning on the right side of the Wedding Piece.

Thanks.
Happy Stitching!

Hugs from Suz

7 comments:

Cyra said...

Oh Suz.... it's beautiful.

cq4fun said...

It is beautiful. So you stitch the leaves on a bit of fabric and then cut them out and apply them to the wedding piece?

Debra Dixon said...

So gorgeous!

ladyhawthorne said...

Fabulous!

Suztats said...

cq4fun-- the stumpwork leaves use wire around the outside of the leaf,(couched) and for the stem. Then I add chainstitch on top of the wire, satin stitch the inside of the leaf, then add a buttonhole stitch around the outside of the leaf and along the wire stem. The wire allows the leaf to bend and hold its shape, and I tack them in place with a couple of stitches.
I also do a leaf without the wire, and tack or applique it in place, depending on the look I'm after. I sometimes add an extra layer of buttonhole stitch to secure the leaf in place and beef up the edge. It takes quite a bit of time, but I do like the results.Thanks.

Barbara C said...

That vine is just gorgeous. The pearls are a perfect addition.

Judy S. said...

Your stitching on this treasure is awesome. I'd sure like to sit at your side and watch you work!