January 20, 2015

Susan: Finally, Some Stitching

A little more on this block. First a heart in the corner. This is based on a larger heart design by Kathy Shaw. Honestly it only bears a vague resemblance now. Looking at it again, I wish I'd left out the bugle beads and just used the round ones, but it's there and it's staying.



Then I started working on this one. Herringbone embellished with straight stitches and beads. You can see I didn't get far with the beads yet. This was inspired also by something Kathy drew on a heart.


And both of them, so Judy can see how they relate.


Next time, I hope to show some work on my first 2015 block. This one will get finished as and when, but I need to start the new year. I'm only making 8 inch blocks this time, and the center silkies I printed are 3 x 4. That seemed smaller on the computer. LOL All 12 are printed, though there's one I might swap for something else.

7 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

The heart is perfect as it is!

ladyhawthorne said...

I agree, the heart is wonderful, I like the mix of bugle and round beads. Your next seam is coming right along!

Cyra said...

Love the heart. Great seam stitching too.
I look forward to seeing your January block.

Suztats said...

I like the bugle beads on your heart. They add another element of interest having a different shape. The eye carries nicely from the embroidery to the beads, then along the seam following the colour. Nice!

Moira said...

I love the heart as is and the combination of the bead types!

Barbara C said...

I agree with Suz, I like the way the eye follows the seam embellishment to the heart, and how the shared colors connect them . Nice job.

Judy S. said...

And Judy thanks you! Very nice Susan. I love seeing how things fit together as you know so well. To me it looks like the stitching represents the beads, but in thread. At any rate, I love anything with hearts!