January 20, 2015

Moira - Some Sewing Done

It's been a wild and crazy couple of weeks for me with school and trying to get answers for what has been going on healthwise.   Do have answers (bad sinus infection) and am on new meds that I'm hoping will help.   If they don't cure it then surgery may be on the horizon.

But was able to finally got some sewing done this weekend.   First I finished up a skirt for my niece that is a belated Christmas gift.   Still have to more gifts to get done.   Then I finished up a UFO and the last of the preprinted pillow panels that I've had for years and years.  This will be donated to Sunshine quilts.








Next up was a quilt block that I volunteered to make for a  quilted book being made by a group of women in my GF's church.   The blocks will be used iwth a group of Down's Syndrome kids and each one represents a letter of the alphabet with a scene from the Bible.   I said I'd do a couple of blocks, and this one is "M" (letter is put on by someone else).   The scene on it is the manger scene.   A couple of angels are in the sky, along with the star.  the hay was some raffia belting that I sewed in and then unraveled.   I used velveteen for the manger and wooly felt for clothing around the baby Jesus.

I finished off my sewing this weekend with using up some UFO Strings in assorted brown thimbleberry prints and cream tonal prints into 8.5" blocks.   Finished up with 25 total blocks (13 brown, 12 cream) and when the quilt is finished it'll be donated to Sunshine.

I start drivers ed instructor training tonite so life will get busier for me.   Hoping tho to still be able to get time in to sew at least a little bit in there.




8 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Busy as usual! Love the idea doe the alphabet blocks.

cq4fun said...

Good luck with the Driver's Ed. classes the next few months! You did a lot, especially considering you didn't have Monday off, and you had to work at JoAnn's on Saturday!

Cyra said...

Wow, what a busy person you are... makes me feel tired just thinking about all the things that you do.
Love the manger scene.

Debra Dixon said...

Very cute pig quilt!

Suztats said...

Gee, Moira, when do you find time to stitch? lol You are one busy lady. So much done in one week!

Moira said...

lol, I was sewing tonite during the class 'cause there was a lot of technical issues (it's an online class). And gee my sewing machine just happens to reside right beside my laptop.....lol. Almost have the string blocks together.

Barbara C said...

I love your pig quilt. What a nice way to use up preprinted blocks.

Judy S. said...

Love that manger block! You sure keep busy. Hope you get over that sinus infection. DD#2 ended up having the surgery, but it sure did the trick.