January 6, 2015

Moira -- back to sewing, school and the doc.......

After 10 great days in what was supposed to be warm and sunny Phoenix (well I got the sunny part anyway) I'm back out in the frigid cold of northern Indiana.   Seriously tho there was snow, and lots of it depending on where you were, in AZ while I was there this past week.   And almost none out here............the cold temps tho are here and snow is on the way.

No sewing was done while on vacation.   However I did get all of the remaining three patterns needed to finish up the BOM I designed and have been hosting 12/2013 thru 12/2014.   I love how it turned out, and just need to add a final solid border to it in order to stabilize all of the seams in it.  









So far this week I've been working at putting together some orphan blocks and fabs together in a quilt top that will be donated to Sunshine quilt.  (Sorry for the blurry pic!)   All but the green 30's print used in the outer border and one of the white squares has been from stuff that was given to me by a friend.   I still need to add a final border to it to bring it up to the right size, but haven't decided color I want to use for that.

And the final two quilts here are ones that I'm going to be donating to an art auction being held to help raise funds for research on a very rare disease that is affecting the grand-daughter of a good quilting friend.  The CQ one was made from blocks that were donated to me by someone on one of the quilt lists that I'm on, and the second quilt was the result of a round robin swap I was in many years ago.  I've called it Buried Treasure, and think it's fitting for the auction because the researchers are looking for the "treasure" of a cure for the disease.




And lest I forget - yes, I'm still sick.  Went to the doc today and am now scheduled for a CT Scan on my sinuses.   Am hoping that this will give the docs some answers on why i've been sick for over 4 months now............

7 comments:

Debra said...

I just hope you find an end to this sickness. It's cramping your style.

Suztats said...

4 months is too long! I sure hope the drs. get you all fixed up. Nice quilts!

ladyhawthorne said...

Sinuses can be a huge problem when the infections don't get wiped out, take care.

Love the quilts, especially the last one!

Cyra said...

A great 'show-and-tell' Moira. Fabulous quilts. I really like your BOM one.
Fingers crossed that the doctors get to finally sort out your sickness.

cq4fun said...

Dark green I say. Wonderful donations, all of them. I hope the CT shows something useful.

Judy S. said...

Beautiful quilts, Moira! I love your BOM one. Hope you get rid of that sinus infection for good once the docs figure out how! You've suffered far too long!!

Barbara C said...

As usually, your projects are lovely. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Being sick so long must be wearing.