January 14, 2015

Judy~Only a Day Late and Here's Why.....

Max turned Jan. 4th, Daddy Brent's birthday was last Saturday, and Cousin Katie's birthday was yesterday, so I had lots of things to finish by the joint celebration this past Sunday:


This hoodie for Max. (You can see the tweed better if you double click on the sweater.)



Fingerless mitts for Brent.  The pattern was in the Winter 2013 issue of Knit Simpleand was easy and pretty quick....and hopefully, useful. This is the first pair of mitts that I've made with an opening for the thumb instead of a thumb gusset. To make the opening the pattern said to knit back and forth rather than in the round and then reconnect after about 10 rows.  Interestingly enough, it worked!


And then, just last Thursday I learned that there would also be a birthday girl at the celebration. Yikes, what to do? Luckily I had yarn left from this project. She has long hair and is a skier and what do you know,  she likes headbands. So, one headband.


And finally I made this scarf to Grandma S., who was quite interested in the scarf I had given DD for her birthday. Hope she liked it!   Sorry to be late in posting, but things should calm down now!  Happy Stitching!!!  (My next task is to find some of my stitching UFOs and something for David whose birthday is at the end of the month. It won't be knitted!)

5 comments:

Suztats said...

I was late today, too, Judy! Love the knitting and the scarf colours are so pretty! You knit the nicest gifts.

ladyhawthorne said...

Lovely items all!

Cyra said...

Love the tweed hoodie jumper. Lots of great gifts flying off your needles.

cq4fun said...

You were busy creating! I hope you find a stitchy thing you are motivated to finish.

Judy S. said...

In my huge stash are several unfinished cross stitch projects, and one of these days I may even do another CQ!