January 13, 2015

Fitzy - My Round Robin blocks

Wanted you all to see the blocks that are now home from my 6-block CQ round robin exchange. Words cannot express how lovely they are. I think each artist added their own special flair, and stayed well within my suggested parameters, among which were simple, steampunk and retro. I am totally humbled.

Have you done other block exchanges? I have done ones with quilting blocks and charm squares, and have totally been disappointed. I was hesitant to join this project, and now, I just am so excited to sign-up for Round 2! What a change of heart.

I'm currently working on my final block. It's got a gazillion seams and is looking more and more like a stitch sampler. I've got to get it into the mail this week, and have 2 more treatments to go.

Back to the blocks above...what ideas do you have for me regarding finishing? It will be a bell-pull style wallhanging for my office cubicle.

Have a great week!

8 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Gorgeous! Love the travel theme.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Except for the lit Tucson Cacti, the signs all belong to local hotels. Some like the Spanish Trail are long gone and only pieces of the sign remain; the building in shambles. I LOVE the retro aspect!

Cyra said...

A great theme Fitzy, love the steampunk idea.

cq4fun said...

The blocks turned out great. I grew up with those signs, you know! They are like looking at a piece of home. The ladies did you proud. I don't have any suggestions for the putting together part, but I do like them laid out just that way.

Barbara C said...

Wow, these are great! What a fun theme, they'll make a great finished piece.

Suztats said...

Wow! Gorgeous finish for these blocks. They'll look fabulous on your office wall.

Debra Dixon said...

Very individual looking project. Enjoy it every day in your cubicle!

Judy S. said...

Love it! Your cubicle is going to be a popular meeting place!