January 27, 2015

Deborah - My Muse is Silent

I have just not felt the stitching love this week. I signed up for Kathy Shaw's online crazy quilt class and keeping up with that has been intimidating and overwhelming but I'm determined to see it through.

So I'm showing you a quilt for friend's new baby girl that I finished (except for the borders):


It was great fun to do this and I love how bright and colorful it is. I have the big 9 patch blocks done for the older sister's quilt and I'm going to slice those up for the disappearing 9 patch hopefully this weekend. Although if it goes by as quickly as last weekend, that might not happen.  For the border on the string quilt, I have this great hot pink polka dots. This quilt will be so loud, it will keep the baby up all night (as my Dad used to say).

7 comments:

Suztats said...

That quilt is so pretty! I would have loved to have one like that when I was younger. Heck, I'd love to have one like that now!

Debra Dixon said...

LOVE!


cq4fun said...

Stitching muse, maybe, but your quilting muse is loud and clear! Love it.

Judy S. said...

Very pretty! I can't wait to see the disappearing 9 patch.

ladyhawthorne said...

I like those bright colors, they are so happy!

Moira said...

Wonderful quilt! The muse will return never fear!

Barbara C said...

I love your pink quilt. It'll look great with the polka dot border.