January 20, 2015

Cy - January CQ block finished

  Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2015  .  

I had a great week of stitching and this block for January is now finished.


    Red January   

Entirely hand stitched, with a couple of pieces of crochet for embellishment.

To recap my theme:
Embroidery threads will be the predominant form of embellishing.
Crochet lace or embellishing will be made specifically for each block.
I will be experimenting a lot with patterns and the build up of combination seam treatments.




   Texture in Crochet   

Just thought I would share a crochet project with you.
I love texture, and I love crochet..... so put the two together and I am in a happy place.







7 comments:

cq4fun said...

Love the crochet thread colors - so pretty together. I saw your block on today's CQJP blog e-mail, and I'm so glad to be able to see a bigger version. Just gorgeous. If January was red, then what's February?

Cyra said...

Thanks. Not sure what colour Feb is yet. Will be thinking about that as I stitch the neutrals & whites together for the foundation block.

Debra Dixon said...

You are always in a happy place!

Great Jan block! one of your best.

ladyhawthorne said...

January was red for...garnet? So will February be purple for amethyst?

Love all the colors in your free form piece.

Suztats said...

Red January is beautiful! I love the combination seams, and your crochet colours are wonderful.

Barbara C said...

Your block is really stunning. It shows off the possibilities of limiting yourself to one color: very striking.

Judy S. said...

Wow! You're going to have to work hard to top this one, Cy. I love it!