January 6, 2015

Angela ~ Needed a Change...A New Project

I needed a change of pace from the purse and I am still mulling over ways to tie the 2 patches together, so I started a new project!  Like I really need another......
Real exciting, huh?  It's a 4 seasons piece and I decided to start with the current season of Winter.  The words are 'winter' in different languages.  It's 6 5/8" square and the linen is about 30 threads to the inch.
This little section of pale grey half stitches on a cream background took me over 2 hours...and 3 sections got frogged before I got it right.  I have high powered readers I wear and a bright light inches from the work but those 2 colors are just really hard to see.  Hopefully as I move into other colors it won't be as hard.
I've also reworked some older pendants I made and added beaded necklaces for them.




9 comments:

Suztats said...

New projects are always exciting, and your winter x-stitch is very pretty. I like your pendant necklaces.

Moira said...

Yeah for new projects. Necklaces are great.

Debra Dixon said...

I think working the pendants into wearable necklaces is a very good idea.

Debra Dixon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cyra said...

What a lovely stitch project Angela, and not one for the faint-hearted.
Really love the new additions to your pendants.

cq4fun said...

Great necklaces! Had you already started the winter piece? It looks like the whole border and the words are already done, but you said you started a new piece. I'm easily confused.

Judy S. said...

Another great project idea! How fun! Boy, that's a really fine thread count; my old eyes could never do it. You are so creative, Angela!

Barbara C said...

Sometimes you just need to start a new project. Your pendants look great in their beaded necklaces. Beautiful work!

ladyhawthorne said...

Yes, cq4fun this is a new piece, I started with the border and that was fairly easy. I actually stopped on the pale gray and went to the greens in the leaves last night, so filling in with the gray now should be easier.