December 9, 2014

Suz-- Happy December!

Happy December!
I sure hope this month will be filled with lots of fun and happy activities for each of you. I'm still recuperating from my knee surgery, and I'm being very good and doing all my exercises to reclaim full movement in my knee joint.
What have I been up to since the surgery? Well, healing for the first week or so, and then I decided to pick up my needles and thread, and return to Wedding Piece #2.






 more stitching to do on the B

I'm contemplating adding some pale colours to the monogram


Picture cream seed beads as centers for the Josephine Knot flower cascade
 in the top left corner of the Wedding Piece




still unfinished

woven picot leaves, bullions, french knots abound
more of the same, and yet, different........



lots more to add to this piece

I decided my angel for the Guild Swap needed a little more........

the fancy picot tatting shows on both sides
I added it and some Josephine Knot cascade hair to the other side of my angel


it's on its way to the swap




That's all the stitching for now.  Until next time, have a wonderfully creative week!

Thanks. Hugs from Suz



















 

4 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Your wedding pieces are just wonderful, family heirlooms for sure!

Munir said...

Beautiful Pieces. So much hard work to do.

Judy S. said...

So glad to hear you're healing well! Who's the very lucky recipient of this wonderful wedding piece? it is beautiful! Bet that angel was popular.

Cyra said...

Oh Suz, I hope you continue to recover well from the knee surgery. Take care not to over do it, and especially don't put extra strain on the other knee and ruin that one (like I did with my shoulders).
Love your heart cascade, it's so very effective, and I like the idea of the cream seed beads. I look forward to seeing the next stage in this project.