December 23, 2014

Angela ~ Peacock Purse Front

I'm mostly done with the front I think.  I will probably add some wandering tendrils of color so it doesn't look patchy, it seems to be 2 'patches' now that I see it in a photo, I think I need to tie them together.  What do you think? 
I will do a similar treatment on the right side panel so that part balances.
Here's a closeup.  I did a simple chain stitch for the added stems and then just running stitches surrounding.  A nice mindless job for sitting in front of the TV at night.

I'll be busy today making a harvesting apron (xmas present) and all I have to go on is a photo so wish me luck.  I'll post on it next week.
Check out my blog if you want to see the fruit picker I made.


5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Your purse is fabulous, Angela! I love everything about it. You have a real treasure here.

Barbara C said...

This is so pretty--yes I think tendrils will unify the two sides. Merry Christmas!

Cyra said...

It looks fabulous Angela. Just another flitting butterfly over on the top right would balance it out in my opinion, as you have already planned to do the right side panel similar to the left. I would probably not put too much more anywhere because you may end up with losing the lovely peacock and flower if you make it too busy.

Have you got all your lovely St. Nick ornaments out again? I love those.

Have a safe and happy Christmas.

ladyhawthorne said...

Sorry, Cy, The St Nicks are still packed away. I moved to my parents spare room a year ago and there is no space for me to put them out. I moved a 3 bedroom house into a 10 x 12 room. Well, what I could pack into it anyway. Had to let a lot of stuff go and that was hard.

cq4fun said...

I'm not sure what a harvesting apron is, so I definitely want to see next week. Your purse is lovely, but I do see what you mean. Maybe a little viney thing for the butterfly, and is on the right side? It's beautiful as it is, of course!