November 18, 2014

Suz-- Going Missing

Sorry I missed last week's posting, but there's been a lot going on, and little stitching.
I did, however, get a start on the newest Wrapping Cloth piece. This is piece #12. (apparently, I can't count!  I went through the box of finished pieces, and this is indeed #12.   ;-* )

Lots of french knots added to the hanky edging and the wee bow


bullion knots begun across the lace verticals

a few french knot tucks on this shiny, rose patterned fabric

and piece #12 looks like this. There's lots more stitching to be done.



















Wedding Piece #2 sports a little progress:


a Josephine Knot Cascade Heart in progress

a start on the monogram
 Casalguidi stitch in progress

there will be one of these L's in each corner

a second ecru stumpwork leaf begun









I enjoyed a stumpwork class this past Saturday, but all the stitching was bits and pieces here and there on the project. Perhaps I'll have some time to work on it while I'm gone missing. Missing? Yes, I shall be absent for a time while I'm recuperating from surgery. Tomorrow (Wednesday, November 19)  I'm scheduled for a left Oxford Knee Replacement. Hoo boy. I'm not certain how long I'll be offline, but, I wish you all wonderful, creative, and happy days until my return. Take care.
Hugs from Suz

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I wish you a speedy recovery from your surgery.

I really love these wedding pieces you do, so creative and absolutely gorgeous!

cq4fun said...

Wonderful pieces. I love how you combine all your stitching experience in each piece.

Judy S. said...

Love your stitching, Suz. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You're going to be missed!

QuiltingFitzy said...

REALLY love your french knot tucks. Might be a solution for me in the near future!

Moira said...

I hope your recovery goes well!

desertskyquilts said...

I especially like the heart that's emerging, and the bullion stitches on the lace. Those knee replacements are both a God-send and a lot of pain and work on your part. I wish you a speedy recovery.