November 4, 2014

November Begins

November has begun, bringing with it winds, cold temperatures and snow flurries!
I've been spending more time inside and stitching.


Angel #1 is completed with an edging of buttonhole stitch and white seed beads. Her halo is created from the same beads, and stands upright.

The first ecru, stumpwork leaf has been created. I think the soft ecru, with just a bit of subtle green along the center vein will be perfect for Wedding Piece #2.


The green leaf is too dark for what I'm envisioning.
The green is softly greyed, and should work well with the other subtle colour tones that will be used here and there on the piece.













This Josephine Knot cascade is in process, and may find a spot on the Wedding Piece, too.
Wrapping Cloth #12 is ready for damp stretching. I really like the meandering path of the ecru french knots as it winds around the white french knots on the seam.
Piece #13 is being tacked together. Soon the titivations will begin.

That's all the stitching I've been doing. The gardens are glowing with colour, and more paint has been added to the two watercolours I've been working on. You can check them out on my blog post, here, if you wish.

I hope you've had a creative week!

Hugs from Suz

7 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love that JOsephine knot cascade, and all the other things as well.

ladyhawthorne said...

Ditto what she said!

Barbara C said...

Your little angel will make a nice holiday decoration. Lovely work all around.

Cyra said...

Love the ecru leaf Suz, and the cascade is gorgeous too. I really must try some more tatting.
#12 & #13 are progressing well.

desertskyquilts said...

I've got to look up Josephine knots because I love that cascade! You were very productive, it seems to me.

Moira said...

The cascade is beautiful and makes me tempted to learn how to make one so that I can add it to a UFO piece that I have.

Suztats said...

Thanks for the lovely comments, ladies! To make a Josephine Knot, you need to form a number of the 1st half of a double stitch (ds) onto a long needle, pull them off the back of the needle, along the thread tail, create a ring by stitching through the loop created, and pulling tightly to form the knot.
If you're interested, I'll be happy to help walk you through it off-blog.