November 18, 2014

No Stitching =P

I've done some quilt-block making, but not much, and no stitching. The only thing I have to show for the week, really, is this partial block for June. If you know Karrin Hurd, this is her mother.

>>>>>Tuesday morning update - Finished Block!


I know all the wise ones say no long seams, but I *really* liked the way that piece of lace looked going all the way down, so I went my own way, as usual. The bottom right corner and the piece over the silkier are from the same handkerchief I used on another block - Mama's, I think. It had one embroidered corner. The edges were finished, and I liked the way this looked, so I'll put something pretty over it.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

You can't stitch without a block or something to stitch on, right? I'd say you accomplished a lot! More than I did, for sure!

ladyhawthorne said...

Looks great! Who cares what the rules are, I like your long piece of lace!

Cyra said...

If it looks good, and feels good, then it IS good.
Carry on 'doing your own thing' because it works just fine.

Suztats said...

That's a nice colour combo for your newest block. As for the lace, if it looks good and you like it, go for it! I think planning to put something over the lace means it won't remain a long seam.......

QuiltingFitzy said...

I don't go along with the "no long seams" opinion very much. Sometimes they are needed to help guide the eye along. Certainly, they can be broken up with your treatment! Love the neutral pallet.