November 4, 2014

Judy~Just Sticks and String

Despite our incredibly wet weather which should produce lots of stitching, I don't have a lot to show, or at least that I can show. (I am working on the first of three Christmas stockings that have to remain secret for a bit. I have turned the heel on that one at least.)


Last week I caved in and started a new KAL from the Knitters Brewing Co., a sock called Snow Dancer.  I just had to know how that snowflake was created, but there are lots more of them to do, and the flakes on the cuff have beads.  It's a fun and challenging project, but I don't expect to finish it any time soon!


This washcloth, however, is both fast and fun. The pattern is free at Ravelry and is called "The Almost Lost Washcloth.  A washcloth coupled with homemade soap makes a great gift, and I've been very happy with soap from Cranberry Morning's etsy shop.
~~~

So there you have it in a nutshell!  Have a happy week!

9 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I envy sock knitters, I've never been brave enough to try it. Looking good on both projects.

Barbara C said...

That's a very handsome sock. I look forward to seeing it develop. It looks like you're anticipating the gift-giving season.

Judy S. said...

Just finished the second snowflake, a very interesting process.

Cyra said...

I haven't got the patience to stitch a complicated project like that, but I can appreciate the work and thought that goes into the item. Well done.

desertskyquilts said...

Love the blue socks - great pattern and pretty color!

QuiltingFitzy said...

I'm really going to have to be a study of socks! Do you recommend any sites or books? I just got a beautiful skein from Madelinetosh...where the profits go to Doctors without Borders. Beautiful work, as always!

Moira said...

Beautiful work!

Suztats said...

Love the sock colour and pattern. I don't do socks, but I admire those who do. Neat wash cloth!

Judy S. said...

You will find lots of free sock patterns at Ravelry.com; you do have to register, but it's free. I've got 2 flakes done now. ;>)