November 25, 2014

Fitzy - Stash enhancement

The photo is turned on its side I see. I'm not sure how that happens!

We were away for the weekend, again in Prescott, AZ. Oh heavens, it's COLD there! The wall heater in our unit (a refurbished retro motor court) wasn't working, but thankfully our fireplace was. My bones weren't ready for THAT kind of cold!

I was anxious to hit the second-hand craft supply store up again, and found these bits pictured. I was worried about my bill until I found that it was "Customer Appreciation" day and it was all 50% off. I had only chosen what I really wanted, but was sorely tempted to revisit those stock drawers again. This haul was a mere $3.87. BAHAHA!

I'm busy on my next block, which I will hold to show next week. I have an important addition to make before I show. I've also offered to do another block in this set as a "stitch angel" for the next person in line who just isn't able to keep up with our scheduled. It could easily happen to me, and I now have a bit of time.

Overtime is done and our business (7,000 employees) has now been converted over to ADP, things should slow down a bit, thankfully.

Hope you're enjoying your week so far!

8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, my, what a bargain! Big altitude change when you go to Prescott! =) It sounds like you had a great time looking for these goodies and found some terrific bargains - especially at $3.87 for a total - actually twice that would still have been a bargain! I'm glad you're going to have a little more time, and that you had a chance to get away.

Suztats said...

Yummy goodies! i love a good bargain!

Debra Dixon said...

No complaints about bargains!

Barbara C said...

Nice haul! Doesn't it feel good to find such great bargains?

ladyhawthorne said...

I love it when I get an unexpected sale! Good haul, I'm sure you will make good use of it all.

Judy S. said...

Looks like we all need to go to Prescott! Looks like you had a great time. And brought home a few souveniers?

Cyra said...

Well done Fitzy, that is a great stash enhancement find. I look forward to seeing it on some of your projects.

Moira said...

What is the store name in Prescott? I'll be out in Phx the end of the month and I might run up to Prescott to visit a friend who just moved there.