November 18, 2014

Fitzy - Another Finish

Whew!

I've completed the 4th of 6 blocks in this CQRR.

This block is for a lady who lives in Istambul, Turkey. Her country is in such turmoil these days, all I wanted to do is to give her a little peaceful scene. Once you look through the pine boughs, you see lightly falling snow and snow covered pines. I added a peace dove with branch, and the word Peace.

After creating the scene, I went back and minimally decorated the seam using a simple blanket stitch, snailtrail stitch, etc. I didn't want them to detract from the message.

Working solid overtime, before work, shortened lunch, and after work. One tired chick here, but glad I could at least meet this deadline! Race last weekend and a getaway next...boy do I need it!

Hope you're off to a stellar start to the week!

Posting this on the weekend, so not to leave you hangin'!

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Your CQ block looks great! Have a nice, restful getaway!!

ladyhawthorne said...

Lovely! I'm sure the lady in Turkey will love it.

Moira said...

Lovely work. I love how your one seam treatment carries on both sides of the trees. Great look to the trees too!

desertskyquilts said...

Blogger refused to let me post as CQ4Fun, saying I don't own the identity, not just on this blog, but all blogpost blogs. Grrrr. So we'll see if it lets me use the other one. I love the way your block finished. You did a great job, and everything works together so well. She will love it!