November 11, 2014

Barbara's Crossing the Finish Line


I've crossed the finish line with some projects.  First, these fun embroidered dishtowels.  These will be a gift for a former square dancer I know.  I love the vintage design of the patterns. 

There's a whole series of these dancers, but I decided two was plenty, though I personally would like a set a days-of-the-week dishtowels for myself.  They may be on the horizon, and I've gathered a lot of potential designs on Pintrest.


I finished yet another  Easy Ripple Afghan--this one's my fourth.  This one has a more controlled color palette, just 3 colors, and I used up a stash of Lion Wool-Ease, which is a nice acrylic and wool blend.  This will also go into my gift pile, as the holidays are coming.


For myself, I knitted up this super-bulky weight cardigan, Taiga.  I used worsted weight yarn held double and got a usable gauge, and I also used stash yarn.  This is a substantial jacket-weight garment, and it knit up pretty quickly with the heavy yarn.  I also got to use some of my stash of metal buttons.  It was fun to do the color work design in the middle of the sweater.  Again, in a bulky yarn, it pretty much flew off the needles.


6 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice work! Not only did you cross the finish line, you're ahead of the game. Love that afghan, and the sweater is awesome! And on top of everything, you whittled down your stash!

Suztats said...

You look so fine in your Taiga! Love the colour work design. Way beyond my skill and comfort level. The dishtowels will be a very nice gift. Snugly afghan.

cq4fun said...

Lovely finishes, all. I should take all the pinks I didn't use for the pink scarf project and crochet an afghan for someone who actually LIKES pink - get that out of the house. Thanks for the thought. Love that redwork square dancing finish. That is a lovely sweater. Looks good on you.

ladyhawthorne said...

I haven't even gone beyond the thinking stage for Christmas presents, thank goodness there's not many to think of. Love the towels and definitely love the sweater! Those short sleeves will make it easier to do things while wearing it, why have I never seen one like that before? Genius!

Moira said...

Love the sweater you mad for yourself!

Great work on the other projects.

Cyra said...

Oh Barbara, I love the sweater work, colours go together really well, and it looks fabulously cozy to wear.
Another great ripple blanket, someone is going to get a lovely pressie.
You got me smiling and toe-tapping with the redwork dancers. What a fun project.