November 18, 2014

Angela ~ Adding to the Back of the Purse

I added some bling to the embroidery around the vintage piece on the back of the purse.  The stitches at the top mimic the peacock's topknot, the lazy daisies at the bottom mimic his tail feathers.
On the sides I added a blanket stitch with french knots between.  I've started a new section on the front-pictures next week!
There's a lady on Etsy that makes denim purses and does random straight stitch embroidery on them, they sell for $299!  So I guess mine should be worth at least that!

6 comments:

cq4fun said...

By that measure, yours should be worth at least $599! This is such a wonderful pocket. What's best of all is that you are talented enough to create something so super special and beautiful without paying all that money!

Cyra said...

A gorgeous stitched hexagon patch. Love your embellishing.
I see (and hear) peacocks almost every day as a neighbour on the other side of the river to us has a whole family of them that wander around the forest area between us. I love hearing them call.

Suztats said...

This is going to be an absolute stunner, Angela! I Like the bling.

ladyhawthorne said...

Just to be clear, this peacock is a vintage piece that I did not stitch, but it is beautiful and I was happy to re-purpose it.

Judy S. said...

Glad you rescued it for your stunning embelishment! That purse is going to be fabulous.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Love your use of the retro linen. This piece is really cooking!