October 21, 2014

Suz- Update

I finished my rendition of the StitchMAP turtle. I wanted to create a soft background that simulated water, without taking any focus from the turtle. I think the batik fabric I used married well with the blue and green thread. It was perfect for adding a bit of colour and dimension to the turtle and his shell.  Does it look as though he's breaching the waves to gulp a deep breath?

Black crystals (with blue and green tones) were added for his eyes.


That's all the stitching that's fit to show right now.

The weather has switched to colder temperatures with more frosty nights, and rain for most of the last week. The trees are losing their colourful cloaks.

If you knit, you might be interested in this video.


Hope you've had a creative week.

Thanks.
Hugs from Suz






5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

He's adorable and makes me want to go to the beach!

Judy S. said...

Love that turtle, Suz. That was an interesting video, too; makes a longarm look less scary. I actually watched a guy use one of those antique sock knitting machines at last year's quilt show.

desertskyquilts said...

Suz, that's exactly what it looks like. I love this piece!

Suztats said...

Thanks Ladies!
I'm glad you enjoyed the video, Judy.

Cyra said...

Yes, definitely a turtle at the top of the waves. Beautiful job Suz, I admire your artistic creativity.