October 28, 2014

SUZ- October Wanes

As October comes to an end, so too do the warm days of autumn. Even the oak leaves are mottled and coloured.


 I picked up Wrapping Cloth piece #12
I added a strip of lace on the right,  with drizzles poking through

More french knots meandering down the center, and piece #12 will be finished!
 Stitching began on the newest Wedding Piece with a pretty lace floral and several rows of buttonhole lace
Stumpwork leaves in the works for the wedding piece. I'm not sure I like the variegated leaf. Perhaps an ecru leaf with pale green veins and edging might look better?  You can just see the fine wire peeking out the stem base......
This brilliant sky greeted me a few evenings ago. It looks as though it's on fire........
We've had at least three frosts in the last few weeks, Yet, this clematis is still blooming! Maybe it doesn't realize it's autumn?


That's it for this week.

I hope you've had a fun, creative week.

Hugs from Suz.

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I like your variegated leaf, looks a lot like the real ones in the photo!

Barbara C said...

I agree with Angela about the variegated thread. Your sunset photo is gorgeous.

Judy S. said...

Great photos, Suz! That's one tough clematis. Whose wedding this time? That's a nice beginning!

Suztats said...

Judy, my hubby's school chum got married this past summer, and we told them we wanted to create something special to celebrate. Since I was busy with the 1st wedding piece, and had committed to the StitchMAP designs prior to t he wedding invitation, it was going to take me some time to get it started. I hope to have it finished by Christmas, or shortly afterwards.
Thanks ladies!

QuiltingFitzy said...

*Sigh* I miss the "back east" Fall! Those leaves are so pretty! I tried to get dd#2 to bring some home with her, to no avail. Isn't it amazing how long you can go without doing something as routine as binding? (Like riding a bicycle!)

Moira said...

Lovely work on the wrapping cloth piece. I like the hints of red in the first pic.

And I love the sunset pic.

Cyra said...

Autumn is approaching fast.
Love your work on the wrapping cloth.
I am very happy to see you working on another wedding piece because I so very much enjoyed your first one.