October 14, 2014

Suz-- I'm Back! And I've been Stitching!

Our new service is up and running smoothly. It's even faster, too! Yay!
So, what have I been stitching?
We're having a Fun Friday Tute over at StitchMAP, and the challenge is to make these fabric boxes. I made some before, last March, but made another two.

I think the smaller one looks like a tulip with the ends left standing up..... now there's an idea for a fun fabric flower!
Did I show you the finished Buttonhole Lace on my angel?

I started another one.

See her feet?

Gee, what do you suppose all that organza is for?
The StitchMAP October HEX I'm stitching is this turtle. I've just begun........

A second October HEX is this Under The Sea of  'Nemo' and his purple anemone.

I designed and stitched this for StitchMAP.  It was a lot of fun!

Here's how it will look once it has it's frame.......although I'll be using fabric, not paper.





That's it for now. Hope you've had a fun and creative week.

Thanks. Hugs from Suz
 

6 comments:

cq4fun said...

You are good for Stitchmap, and vice versa. I love all the things you showed in your pictures today. Beautiful stuff, and the boxes are wonderful. A group of us are thinking about doing some, since someone found a great tutorial on them. What are you doing with your hexagons when they are finished - all of them, I mean?

ladyhawthorne said...

I adore the turtle! I can hardly wait to see what you do with him.

Nemo is pretty cool too.

Judy S. said...

Love that Nemo hexie; the turtle one is fun, too! You had a creative week!

Suztats said...

Thanks Ladies!
cq4fun:- I'm planning a couple different ways to use my hexies. 'Nemo' will be framed and going to my sister as a Christmas gift. She was up for a visit, and really liked it.......
I'm planning a purple piece, which, if all goes as planned, will be a large wall hanging, and since most of the hexies I've done have purple, I thought to add them as a frame to the hanging. This may change when I see how they work, and once the purple piece is done.
Several others may be joined together to be a bell pull, or a wreath. I've not decided yet on all their uses, as I don't know what some of the designs are going to be, or which I'll choose to create.

Cyra said...

Woohoo.... so much eye-candy.
The turtle is great with the batik fabric, and so is Nemo hiding in the curlique fronds.
Absolutely beautiful.

Jeanne said...

Love the fabric boxes! Lots of creative work in this post.