October 28, 2014

Susan: CQJP2014 May Block Update

Yesterday, Monday, my friend Stacey came by with her applique handwork and we sat to do handwork and chat for a couple of hours. Wonderful how much you can do under such circumstances. I did some beading on this seam:


Seam 86 and beaded lace

This double herringbone was also beaded:


Seam 85

A new seam. I love it, but I'm not sure what beads or sequins or whatever I will put at the ends of the magenta bits. I sort of like it the way it is, but we'll see what happens.


Seam 87

Bad picture of whole block:

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

It looks lovely! The 2nd seam to the right of the photo kind of looks like Ogham, you could put in a secret message that way!

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the whole block photo, Susan! It's very pretty.

Barbara C said...

The beads add a nice sparkle. The green hearts are especially pretty.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I'd almost PAY someone to come stitch with me, lol. Lovely work as always!

Moira said...

Love your work as usual!

Suztats said...

Just lovely! This block has a nice vintage feel to it.

Cyra said...

Love the seam stitch combinations Susan. The whole block is gorgeously elegant.