October 14, 2014

Susan: American Hero Quilt

I did actually do one seam this week, and I like it, but it isn't even embellished a little, so I'll save it for next week.

Instead, I'm posting the new American Hero Quilt I started on Monday with blocks donated by Nancy and her stitching friends. There are 22 of these star blocks in autumn colors. Not my colors, but Fran Regos would have loved them! I'm using 13 in this quilt and 9 in a baby quilt, both destined for American Hero children. It was fun to pick through donated fabrics that have come my way from various sources to find the perfect go-with fabrics. See my DesertSky Quilting blog for a post on the latest donations from Dakota Cabin Quilts.


I'm also cutting squares for Jenny of Elefantz's Christmas Table Topper. The tutorial was last week, but I'm a little slow. =) The link goes to the 5 posts, but they start with the last one, so you have to scroll down for the beginning, if you missed it all last week.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great fall blocks to make a hero quilt!

Judy S. said...

These blocks are really pretty, Susan, even though they're not my colors either. That table topper is very cute; have you done the embroidery already?

cq4fun said...

Thanks! The colors are sort of growing on me, but I'll be happy to send it off, too. I have today traced the embroidery block, and picked threads. Progress. =)

ladyhawthorne said...

Fall in my favorite time of year but the colors are not really me either. But the quilt top is going to be gorgeous and someone will be a very happy & warm person.

Suztats said...

Such warm and earthy colours! Perfect for autumn.

Cyra said...

I actually quite like these colours, and especially the blocks with white backgrounds, which make the oranges really 'pop'.