October 28, 2014

Moira -

Lots going on with school and the second job this past week so not a lot of sewing going on when I've been home.  Have also been busy with posting stuff on ebay to sell (with more to go) as I work to clean out some stuff around here.  

With the holidays fast approaching that will be the norm I'm afraid.  =(   I do need to get better about not vegging out when I get home because I do have commissioned sewing that I need to get done....but that's another story.

Did get two quilt tops finished up this week - borders on both and repairs (additional applique) made to the one that had a cut in the background fabric.  Final borders ended up similar shades of green but different fabrics.   these were sent off to Sunshine Quilts this past weekend along with 8 other tops.  That brings my total for them for the year up to 30 tops.

In the works now is a swap block that has to be finished and a pic posted by Friday.....and then Christmas gifts need to be worked on (several sets of pillowcases and at least 2 skirts).   Still also need to find a pattern for slippers made from felted sweaters - anyone know of one (preferably free)?

I hope everyone has a great week!

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

The birdhouse quilts are wonderful.
I've been thinking a pair of felted slippers would be nice for my Mom, let us know what you find!

Judy S. said...

Somehow I missed that there were two birdhouse quilts! They are both nice. Clever addition of the leaves, too! I don't know of any slipper patterns except knitted to then felt. Have you googled that?

Barbara C said...

You might check for the slipper pattern on Pintrest. Your birdhouse quilt is a great design in which to use bird embroideries

Suztats said...

Love those birdhouse quilts! Kudos for the 30....!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Continuing to amaze me, a second job? Really? You must have a maid! ☺ Yeah, totally jealous. Good progress despite a busy schedule.

Moira said...

Ummmm, nope no maid.....but then again I've always believed that a house should be clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to live in. =)

Cyra said...

The quilts will be loved and admired long after you're gone but no one will remember the dusting that you do, lol.
Great job Moira. I wish I had even half of your energy.