October 7, 2014

Judy~Back Home and Jet-Lagged!

I've been AWOL for two weeks because we were gone on an adventure!  We went to Europe and explored Amsterdam, Brussels, Cologne, Aachen, and Leipzig. Dick took hundreds of photos, and I even took a few. I don't have any stitching to show, and even though I did a fair bit of knitting on the plane and train, I think you'd rather see a couple of photos from the Lace and Costume Museum in Brussels.  Lace and chocolate are part of my memories from this city, and there were many shops everywhere for both.


Here are someone's bobbins all set up for creating some beautiful lace.  I can't imagine trying to follow that kind of pattern.


This little doll is hard at work, and you can see the amazing piece behind her. Both were on display in a shop window.


This was just one of many pieces in the museum. There was no way to photograph all of them! There also was an exhibit of clothing from the thirties that was very interesting. This dress caught my eye.  Another featured under garments, including girdles.  Do any of you remember those?!

Other photos are on my blog, but I thought you'd enjoy some of these the most.  I have lots of catching up to do with UFOs but don't even feel guilty. Our trip was too much fun!  Have a great week!

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Oh what a lovely trip that must have been. I watched a lady do lace work years ago and it looked so confusing to me, definitely a great talent. Thanks for sharing!

Moira said...

Looks like you had a great trip!

Cyra said...

Oh thanks for sharing these pics Judy. That bobbin lace is on my list of things to learn since I inherited my mothers bobbins, patterns & cushion etc.
One day I might succeed in crossing it off my list.

Suztats said...

Sounds like a wonderful adventure, indeed! Great photos, too.

cq4fun said...

Wonderful trip, thanks for sharing some of it with us.