October 14, 2014

Fitzy - Struggling!

I hope to give you no more excuses. They're true...just a tad trite. Just know, I'm trying like the dickens to get something (anything, really) done. Back into racing season, and the Bisbee 1000 stairclimb (1-mile in altitude) this next weekend.

I'll catch up with everyone's blog posts very soon, I promise! Until then, I've shown above my current CQRR block. I've just to stitch the inside seams with some very simple stitches to finish it up a bit. The vintage table linen's daisy (thank you Debra!) may have been too much, I now feel. The lighting is making it look much more yellow than in natural light. Once it's assembled into her project I don't think it will be so overpowering. Poor little girl looks like she's nervous!

Hope you are all enjoying the change in season, we're THRILLED to have daytime temps out of the 100's finally. Have an awesome week, and know I'm thinking of you.

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Maybe the daisy is just giving her some shade. I am still loving those carnations.

cq4fun said...

Lovely pink ribbon and almost looks as if the carnations are growing from it, or someone tossed them from the bouquet that was held together by the ribbon. =) The daisy is large, but I think it will be alright ... shade is a good way to think of it. =) Are those sequins and beads in the flower basket to make the flowers?

Judy S. said...

Would adding some pink highlights to the daisy petals help connect it to the rest? I also like the shade thought! Good luck with the stair climb; that sounds brutal!

QuiltingFitzy said...

The basket flowers could almost be described as a shank, they have hollow centers. I used an iridescent green bead in the center so I could go back down to hold it on. There are glass leaf beads on the side of the basket. One of the already completed blocks is all yellow, so I think mine will play nicely. We have super white lights where the photo was taken, it's not nearly that yellow.

Suztats said...

Those carnations rock! i really like them. Perhaps adding the same colour (as in the daisy) to those seams you plan to stitch would connect it within this block as well as to the yellow block? Just a thought. The pink ribbon is a nice addition.

Cyra said...

Very pretty. Love the textures of the flowers and basket.