October 21, 2014

Angela ~ The Peacock's Glittering Tail

I visited our local Fine Arts Center on Friday and one exhibit really inspired me to finish up the tail on the peacock I'm embroidering on my denim purse.
This is gold sequins in several sizes with iridescent blue, purple or turquoise beads.  I also added a small bead for his eye.

The exhibit that inspired me is called All the Glitters and features costume gowns from festivals across Texas.  Here's a link to the website here.  I wish you could see them in person, it really dazzles the eye.  All those beads and jewels!

Here's a link to some of the San Antonio Fiesta gowns and gives some background and other photos.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love it! Your peacock is great.

desertskyquilts said...

Oh, I love his tail! I'm so glad you got to see the show. I'll follow the link, as that's as close as I can get. =)

Suztats said...

That tail really sparkles! Perfect.
Off to check those links. Thanks.

Cyra said...

Oh Angela, wish I could have gone to that show with you. What a treat.
Love your Glitter embellishment. I can see so many colours there, and the iridescence is really beautiful.
Well done. I can just see the peacock 'fluttering' his tail to the females.

ladyhawthorne said...

The show is a permanent exhibit and they rotate the gowns as they don't have room to display all of them. You walk up to a darkened room and the light automatically comes on. It is just dazzling, some might say gaudy but they are costumes.