September 9, 2014

Suz--September Stitchings

 I just completed my final design for the HEX LABS, so I just might have a bit more free time for stitching! Yay!  Which is good, because I have a small pile of projects awaiting my attention.........

 Two of my designs were chosen for the September HEX LABS at StitchMAP.

Autumn Tree is based on an old, misshapen maple that grew near my home many years ago.


















Oak & Acorns
fabric painting, couching, satin stitch, padded satin stitch, weaving, buttonhole stitch





















I'm stitching this remaining September HEX LABS. There will be shisha!












 The challenge this month was a Fun Friday Tute to create a folded fabric first aid kit.
I didn't need another first aid kit, so instead, I modified the design so this roll could carry art supplies, stitching supplies or jewelery.
The following photos show the four sections, each having 4 pockets. Re-using and re-cycling a couple of faded pillowcases made the pockets easy to do.
A wee bit of dimensional embroidery decorates this side.

 Reversible.  A bit of tatting adorns this side of the roll.
I can fold over the top pocket to create a flap and help keep smaller items from falling out of the fabric roll. This was a fun challenge.


I hope you have a creative week ahead.
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

10 comments:

desertskyquilts said...

I especially love your tree! Great job on your stitch mapping.

Cyra said...

Suz, I think I shall call you "Queen of the Needle".
You are doing great on the hex lab designs.

ladyhawthorne said...

Oh My Goodness I love that tree! The leaves would be my 2nd favorite.

Great idea for the first aid kit.

Judy S. said...

I, too, love that tree and the oak leaves. But then the jewelry "kit" is really nice, too. You've been busy!

Barbara C said...

Your fall themed projects are just gorgeous. The textures on the tree truck are stunning.

Suztats said...

Thanks ladies! I've had to keep those projects under wraps for a while--they were stitched last fall.

Moira said...

Love the Acorns. Tree is beautiful as well.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Sure am fond of those oak leaves! Wishing I was a little more free-form, and not so tightly wound.

Caroline Heinrichs said...

Wow, that is one beautiful and original tree! Thanks for the wake up call??

Suztats said...

Fitzy, it takes practice to be more free-form, at least for me.