September 24, 2014

Suz-September Slump

The cooler weather has arrived and the trees in the neighbourhood are beginning to show their autumn colours. Leaves are falling to the lawn below.














There has not been a lot of time for stitching. I've been putting the gardens to bed and setting up the tool shed.


 Our Embroidery Guild President assigned a summer stitching challenge to all members to choose a t-shirt from their closet to embroider. I had a summer shirt of  heavy cotton eyelet in lime green. It was looking a little sad with several pulls and a small stain. Here is my progress:


The button eye doesn't show up very well, and this centipede needs quite a few more legs and feet before he's finished, but I am pleased with the body knit in the funky yarn.





We also received a pattern for creating a Christmas Angel for our member exchange. Ah, buttonhole lace variation..........I'm trying to decide what to use for the back, and plans are in the works for more angels from this pattern............

That's all the stitching.  I hope you've had a fun and creative week.


I am having connection difficulties, so I am not always able to upload photos. And, if I disappear for a while, you'll know the reason.

Hugs from Suz

4 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Your centipede matches those gorgeous autumn leaves in color!

Such a cute little angel too.

Cyra said...

Hah, what a fun post Suz. Great autumn colours inspirational photos.
Your centipede (in the shape of your initial) is such a fun character, and a great way to liven up the tee-shirt.
Love, love, love your angel.

desertskyquilts said...

I love your S - that's so cute! The angel looks good, too. Our colors aren't turning as fast as yours are, but it's probably cooler there.

Barbara C said...

Nice fall photos--and your centipede is wonderful. What a great use for that fanciful yarn.