September 23, 2014

Susan: CQJP Finish and Start

I did finish Mama's block, or at least I'm pretending it's finished!





And here is the block for last May. This is Pam Kellogg's great grandmother.


Pam likes to collect and use antique laces and has sent some to me in the past. I believe the little doily and the tan lace are ones I had from her. The delicate eyelet around the silkie is from an antique store in Clovis, CA, and the pink ribbon is one from Fran's stash. Pam uses a fair amount of pink, so I thought that would be appropriate for her great grandmother, especially since I printed the silkie in sepia tones. Even before I start, I like this bare block very much.

4 comments:

Cyra said...

Mama's block is oh so gorgeous. Loving all the detail there, and the heart is so appropriate.
Pam's great grandmother's picture is lovely. Beautiful trims used. If it looks this good at the start, then it's going to look greater still when you have finished stitching on it.

ladyhawthorne said...

I think Cy said it all. Mama would be so proud of you for the beauty you have created.

That young lady in the next block is just lovely and your fabric and trim choices are perfect.

Suztats said...

I agree with Cy! Lovely work, Susan.

Barbara C said...

I love the way you work various neutrals and textures into these blocks. Congratulations on a such an artistic finish to Mama's block.