September 16, 2014

Moira - Ugh............

.........So in spite of myself and planning on being on time with my post, I didn't make it.     I don't often get sick, but when I do I make a "good" job of it.   The last 3 weeks has been spent dealing with one thing after another and I'm still trying to fight off a very nasty case of bronchitis.  =P    thankfully I'm starting to feel better.  Not sure I could have gotten much worse than what I was a few days ago when I ended up in urgent care.

Thankfully I am starting to feel better and even starting to be able to get some sleep at night.   Have been able to get some brainless sewing done.   For several years I've had stuff prepped to make tote bags and and baby bibs, but they ended up being set aside and not finished up.    Last weekend I dug some of them out and finished up 5 tote bags, a hanging kitchen towel and a few baby bibs.   Tonite I finished up one more tote and another baby bib.   Both of the last two items used an orphan block so that makes it even better.  =)   Bibs started with wash clothes that I added ties and/or decorations of some sort to.

Bibs are a baby shower gift for a co-worker at the store where I work part-time.   Haven't decided if the totes will be listed for sale or given as gifts.





7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Looks like you got a lot done, especially for being sick. The bibs are adorable!

Barbara C said...

I hope you're on the mend soon. Bronchitis can drag on and on if you don't get enough rest. Your sailboat bib is precious.

Cyra said...

Love those bibs and bags. You have been busy. Great idea to use the orphan blocks on things like that.
Sorry to hear you have been ill, but glad to hear you are on the mend now. Take care.

cq4fun said...

Adorable bibs. Can't believe you had energy for even brainless sewing as well as teaching all day and working a side job! All while feeling so awful.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Not feeling well, yet incredibly productive! You make me dizzy (and terribly jealous, lol).

Keep up the steam, that certain holiday is just around the corner!

Jeanne said...

Glad you are on the mend. It's no fun being ill and it cuts into your sewing time. Lots of great finished projects.

Suztats said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better: hope you fully recover from that bronchitis real soon. Bronchitis can be nasty.
You've accomplished quite a lot in spite of being sick. Bet it feels so good to get those UFO's finished. Yay!