September 2, 2014

Moira - Almost done

Have made lots of progress with the block robin this past weekend.  All blocks and filler sections are now done.    I reworked the pink/turquoise filler blocks to create three different looks for filler sections and am happy with those now that I've reworked them.

The final two blocks that I added to the top were inspired by a couple of quilts in an Australian quilt magazine that an online friend sent me.  

The top is now together and I'm trying to decide what to do for border(s).   Currently i have two thoughts - first a narrow inner border of a WOW fabric (~1" finished) for either one.     Then either a piano key border with the leftover fabrics used in the top, or a solid border of a mottled teal green in the same shades that has already been used in the quilt (either one about 3" finished).    I plan to bind it in the teal green.

I'm happy to see this top almost finished.   Don't know tho when I'll actually get it quilted but that's another story........lol.

6 comments:

Suztats said...

You've made nice progress on this piece. I'm glad you found a solution to the piecing. Looks great!

ladyhawthorne said...

This piece has turned out beautiful!

Cyra said...

Great job on the re-worked pink/turquoise bits. Looks good now and not so overpowering.
Love the new blocks you have added.
I like the idea of the piano keys border, but I'm wondering if it would be too busy and diminish the peacefulness of the blocks, but then again, the white background already in the blocks might help to even it out. Auditioning the borders ideas would help to settle that one.

Judy S. said...

Awesome! I'd love to see a closeup of the hearts block. This one needs to be in a quilt show so others can enjoy it, too!

Barbara C said...

This looks beautiful. I especially like the way you integrated the sampler into the piece so harmoniously. I agree with Cy that a piano key border may be distracting but I'm sure you'll test multiple options.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Your block robin has just the cutest style! Love it!